Monday, February 25, 2013

Mid Century Modern Furniture -- New Blog

Welcome MCM enthusiasts to my new blog. I am glad you are here and strongly suggest that you get involved and add to our mutual interest(s) in all things MCM. Hopefully we can share and become better educated collectors. I wish only to acquire the best designed and constructed pieces available for my (your) home and office. I'm sure that is your goal too. Together we can learn the ins and outs of collecting. Your input is absolutely necessary as we journey together and all bring something to the table.
I will update and/or post to this blog as often as  I can (at least weekly)......with inspiration from our mutual enthusiastic partners. So again, please comment and share your expertise, comments, ideas and suggestions, hopefully others can and will.
I love MCM as well as Danish modern and even new contemporary pieces. I tend to mix them in decorating my home and office. I have found some very good sources for acquiring just the right piece I need.   I'm sure you have your secret places too. That's OK, we won't disclose our secrets here.
We will suggest the obvious though (ie) antique malls with a propensity to have MCM dealers, thrift stores, charity stores, etc. I have a weekly tour of my favorite haunts that sometimes surprise me with really rare pieces and at prices that are also ridiculous (ridiculously low).
I'll also share my defeats and triumphs. I am still reeling from the loss yesterday of a drop dead gorgeous fiberglass table and four chairs. I was second in the door and the first person got it. Disaster!
I'll add some interesting photos later today and hopefully you'll have questions and educational answers for me and all. Let's enjoy our time together and become better collectors/users.
David

No comments:

Post a Comment